Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good Soup - Bad Picture


To use up the remaining, large chanterelles, I embarked upon a soup making adventure and oh my sweet Lord, how it paid off.  I just ate two full bowls and wish I had more.  Mmmhmmm...

Sautee 1/2 sweet onion diced in 3 tablespoons butter (plus a splash of vegetable oil) for 2 minutes on medium.  Toss in some finely chopped asparagus (I used 4 spears) and chanterelles (I had five large-ish ones), sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir around.  Sautee for an additional 3 minutes, stirring regularly.  Splash in a bit of white wine vinegar and cook, while stirring for another two minutes.  Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of flour and stir around, cooking for 1 minute.  Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth, sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of dried parsley, stir and bring to light boil - cook for 10 minutes.  Pour in 1/2 cup of milk (I used 2%) and a large dollop of sour cream, stirring until it is all blended together.  Simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve and delight in the unusually tasty repast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment