Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday's Sundown Smatterings

Photobucket
I hope everyone had a very, merry Thanksgiving and is gearing up for a Christmas season full of cheer, gratitude, and sharing of the spirit of this blessed holly-day. I was talking with a dear friend of mine last week about the dream of having all the money in the world to over-gift for friends and loved ones. I so often stumble across things for sale, here there and everywhere suitable for my mom, or a co-worker, etc. and have to keep my wallet in check. How nice would it be to be able to SPLURGE this Christmas and buy EVERYONE in your life exactly what you would if there were no limit to your bank account?

I would buy my dad this watch because he already has the best sunglasses around.
My mom would be forced to accept this so she could make her own flax seed crackers and these so she would look dazzling while doing so.
Numbers Man would get this BMW. He's been wanting a new car/SUV.

And I? I would be so blissfully reeling with excitement over their gifts, I don't think I could think of giving anything to myself. Although, *cough*, this might find a place in one of my shopping bags. Haha...

Those wise men were wise indeed to bring presents to little, baby Jesus. I love shopping for Christmas presents...it's like a charitable sporting activity. Who else get's excited about Toys for Tots toy drives? I have no children of my own (yet) so I jump at the opportunity to pick out a doll for a very special someone.

xoxo C

3 comments:

  1. That bike is awesome!

    If money was no object I would buy my parents a van to replace our old suburban (which we are fast out-growing), my brothers would get, hmm, what would I get them all?

    We love doing Operation Christmas Child. Some years we do shoe boxes, and sometimes we pick different things to buy from Samaritans Purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are so pretty! Our 4-h club is donating toys this year for a toy drive! I have actually passed toys out with firemen and enjoyed it very much! It always feels so good when you know you've helped make a child happy...not to mention brought a little sunshine to his life.

    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete