I stumbled accross this lone, ruddy orange flower and it held my attention for many snaps. It just looks so sad and tattered poor child.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Guinea Pigs: Someone's Got to Go First
Someone at work mentioned this book to me the other day and it got me thinking...
The tree above is the first in the neighborhood to turn its leaves and it is smashing the cerulean sky into jagged puzzle pieces while the rest, still green as can be, cool-ly look on to see how things go. Of course it grabs our attention and our thoughts favor the exuberance of each luscious leaf, but it will drop them all first - I'm sure of it. Those leaves will dry out and fall leaving its branches bare while the hesitant neighbors put on airs and live it up together in a wash of complimentary hues. A riotous party and the guinea pig came to the party stark naked. Poor guinea pig.
Posted by Caroline at 5:47 PM 1 comment:
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
King Arthur Started Crowing
"Sometimes the moon is so brightit is nearly like day and casts shadows among the rocks. One time I fell asleep on my rock and slept there all night long until King Arthur started crowing in the dawn. THEN I had to skedaddle. Liddy and Old Bess both saw me from teh kitchen door but they did not tell, they gave me a corn pone and sent me on my way."
~ Agate Hill by Lee Smith
Posted by Caroline at 9:20 PM 1 comment:
Monday, September 14, 2009
Welcome to Fall!
Can you believe it's already fall? Time to religiously watch old Gilmore Girls episodes, laze around in flannel robe, and of course...live on Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Oh happy day!
Rory: We're fondue purists, Grandma.
Lorelai: Yea we dip old school.
Emily: The government says you should have nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
Lorelai: Imperialist propaganda.
Rory: Noam Chomsky would agree.
Lorelai: I bet Noam doesn't dip fruit.
Posted by Caroline at 11:17 AM 1 comment:
Friday, September 11, 2009
With Faith, Hope is Everywhere
Posted by Caroline at 2:38 PM 1 comment:
Friday, September 4, 2009
Figs, Cheese, and a Survey
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes and no, I've heard conflicting stories so I am content to think I was named after Princess Caroline because, well...Hello???
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? This morning at work when I found out that a coworker's child's friend died from a medicinal allergy.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes - in all of its many incarnations.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Good, cured Spanish ham. Or roast turkey breast straight off the bird.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Not yet, only fur babies.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? How demented would you have to be to not want to be friends with yourself.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not intentionally.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS ? Yes. They are serving me well...why oust them?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No...I have a back condition that would make it an unreasonable thing to do.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Good old fashion oats cooked up with milk and butter.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I only have one pair of shoes with laces...and it depends up on how tight I tie them.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Ha! No...not physically.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Best ice cream I have ever had was in Paris so I have only had it once...dark chocolate with candied orange peel in it. But usually I'll opt for a traditional vanilla with some chocolate chips.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? A combination of things, but usually how confident they are...what they communicate without words.
15. RED OR PINK? p.i.n.k........."think pink!"
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My impulses which are contrary to my heart's desires.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mamasita
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Seein' as I'm posting it...anyone is welcome!
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? footloose and fancy free!
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? My favorite quesadilla...it has bacon in it...c'mon!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Sugarland (Stay is on at this moment)
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I've always answered "Periwinkle" for as long as I can remember, but I honestly don't remember why.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? This could be a long, long list and so to avoid boring any readers I will simply say: babies & well crafted perfumes.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My Numbers Man - to coordinate meeting for Happy Hour.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I sent it to myself...so, sure!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? UFC & Gymnastics
27. Hair Color? Light Brown
28. EYE COLOR? Blue Grey
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes, and glasses in rotation.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? There simply is no appropriate answer to this. Anything with love poured into it, whether by the person making it or me...eating it. Ha!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Can't stand scary movies...they give me nightmares.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Step Up 2 (oh yeah...)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? I'm wearing three shirts seein' as I'm a girl who loves to layer. Two are white and one is navy blue.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. Not a fan of summer.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? It depends who is handing them out.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Fresh fruit with really yummy, fresh homemade whipped cream.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Hmm...
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Hmm...
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Adam Bede by George Eliot
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouspad - it's a laptop.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? HGTV shows
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Children laughing.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN= FROM HOME??? Paris
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Sure, I can make a mean chocolate milk. And my mashed potatoes...delish!
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Iowa
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Everyone's! Leave a comment if you post this on your blog!
Posted by Caroline at 7:29 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)