Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Very Blessed Mother's Day

Well, this is my first mother's day as not only a daughter of a wonderful mom, but a a mother (almost!) as well. And I must say, it was a really great one! :). I spent most of the day with my fabulous mother who, though there are no pictures to prove me truthful, looked svelte and (dare I say it) CHIC, in a teal, draping boat neck blouse and black slacks.

First on our agenda, we ate at Evolution Fresh, the new healthful Starbuck's venture. The food and juice were tasty as can be. My quinoa bowl with mild Harissa spoke to my ultra hippy palate, but the chocolate coconut mousse really stole the show. We seriously debated buying a handful to cart home with us, but our better judgement won out. Next time. Next time, my friend.

Then we walked across the street to a cute little mommy-to-be store called Destination Maternity that was basically a Pea in the Pod and Motherhood combined into one. Great concept! I found way too many wonderful pieces that will work not only throughout the pregnancy, but beyond! Hallelujah! We also learned just what kind of clothes do not work on me. There were moments where I felt like I looked like I ought to be picked up by MTV to star in an episode of 16 and Pregnant. No bueno.

A final stop off to Starbucks on the way home (we may be addicted) for some iced lattes (green tea for mom, chai for me) and a bit of conversation, was a relaxing way to end our outing. Truth be told we were both a bit tired from all that shopping. :)

When we got back to my place we took Ralphie for a little walk, enjoying the sunshine, the blooming flowers, and the crazy birds overhead (a bald eagle flew in and there was a bit of a territorial scuffled with the indigenous inhabitants.

After mom and dad headed home, Number's Man surprised me with a huge, pink (SQUEE!) basked filled with potted plants and flowers! I have never seen anything quite like it and I swear he's a mind reader because I was thinking this pat week about picking up some plants to place outside in pots. Score!

I want to say "Thank you!" to my wonderful husband, my mom, my mother-in-law for being there for me. I hope I am always there for you as well.
xoxo

2 comments: