Monday, February 22, 2010

"To Spring!", says the Daffodil


Daffodil with Edits
Originally uploaded by misscaroliner
The daffodils in our neighborhood have all popped up to say hello and they are stunning. I would love to find a field full of their pert, yellow heads, nodding at the sun as it rises and sets, for mine, here, come in twos and threes: small families. A community of daffies, like sunflowers, lift my spirit heavenward. I propose this is a gene, like that of the blue eye, or the wayward ear. My mother donated to my mind, the daffodil gene.
Like the earth, with each spring I long for a completely new wardrobe...it seems all I want to do is shop, shop, shop. It's a terrible curse! I think in part it comes from my safe color go-to of grey...when the clouds pull back and the blue stretches out above me I long for sunkissed hues...
Pink (more than I already have)
Yellow
Lime Green
Turquoise
Lavender
And so, to appease me until I muster up the courage to buy something new, I'm gong to trim my mangy mop of hair. Spring is a time for new beginnings.

"And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." ~ Ezekiel 11: 19 & 20

No comments:

Post a Comment