Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mock Pizza


Mock Pizza
Originally uploaded by misscaroliner

Numbers Man was so starved when he arrived home last night he couldn't wait for a real dinner and asked for sandwiches, so that meant the dinner was all for me, which in this house means...meat free. Nine times out of ten I will make a soup or a lentil dish, but I opted to try something different last night. It turned out really yummy so I figured I would pass the "recipe" along. Of course there are a million and one substitutions you could make here, so improvise...work with whatever you've got on hand! :)

Thaw one sheet of pastry dough and cook in oven to prep as directed on the box. While it's baking, slice up some tomatoes (any kind will do) and crush some garlic. Remove pastry sheet from oven and spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese on it and sprinkle with dried basil, salt, and pepper. Then place the tomatoes and garlic on top of that. Sprinkle with italian cheese(s) of your choice. I chose the Kraft 3 cheese blend (parmesian, reggiano, and asiago...I think). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and scissor cut one green onion on top, bake for another 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment