Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Things: Shoots and Dreams

Today the sun was out, brighter than it has been in a week. In fact, it was difficult to find a cool and shady place to rest. Of course...the plants love it so! The greenery below was just a bundle of shoots springing from a bulb two weeks ago, can you believe it? It's been remarkable to watch the transformation of the life around me changing and forging a new path through the moist, Washington soil, 'til touching the visibly blue gray, yet tactilely imperceptible sky that embraces us all. Seasonal dramas do not play out with such force in Southern California; I see I am lucky God transported me to another home in His creation to teach me to cherish the beauty of context and 'ground' me in His schemed cycles, contented and propelled to praise.





No comments:

Post a Comment