Monday, May 11, 2009

Like Christmas





It is like Christmas year-round here in the Northwestern part of the United States. You see, we even have pine cones in the springtime. I don't know that I'll ever get used to the abundance of evergreens and how, quite unexpectedly, you may need to light a log a'blaze at noon in the middle of May. It is my favorite holiday and these visual reminders only stir up the desire within me to deck the halls and sing at the top of my lungs, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I realize that most people think my Christmas infatuation is a form of lunacy, but think about for a minute and you'll soon realize it's not so much of a problem as a very positive and uplifting distraction that that brings back our focus to hearth & home and the most important thing of all...

Luke 2: 10-11
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. "

No comments:

Post a Comment