Friday, February 15, 2013

Pasty & Pragmatic

When I was a little girl, I used to think shells like this were magical and that if you wished on the shimmery reflections of the sunlight on the water (glints) your wish would come true. I read so in a book and took it to heart. Seal Child was the name of the book...I'm sure you could find it on Amazon if you're so inclined.

I also used to hold my ankles together with diving rings to force me to swim like a mermaid under water. Lacking gills, I could never remain submerged as long as I hoped, but enjoyed the fantasy nonetheless.

Back when I was brown as a blueberry (something my mom would say that I still can't make heads or tails of) and full of imagination. Now, I'm pasty and pragmatic.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, if you were fanciful then, I'm sure you still are - it'll show itself again, never fear!

    I'm 57 and still know Jabberwocky by heart. :D For whatever that's worth. (not much, I suppose)

    ReplyDelete