Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stars Wheel in Purple




by H.D.

Stars wheel in purple, yours is not so rare
as Hesperus, nor yet so great a star
as bright Alderboran or Sirius,
nor yet the stained and brilliant one of War;

stars turn in purple, glorious to the sight;
yours is not gracious as the Pleiads are
nor as Orion's sapphires, luminous;

yet disenchanted, cold, imperious face,
when all others blighted, reel and fall,
your star, steel-set, keeps lone and frigid tryst
to freighted ships, baffled in wind and blast.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers and beautiful words although I must admit that much of Hilda Doolittle's poetry is a little above my ability to understand. I get the Star Wheels in Purple, though. Thank you so much for the nice comment on our living room. I am glad you enjoy my simple way of decorating style. I just use things that please me and try not to get too trendy. Please visit again! --------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete