Monday, February 27, 2012

The Unseen


I believe in days punctuated by thankfulness, by fullness, and the complicit giving of our time and our bodies to the Lord for restoration through the dark hours of night. 

This so we may look up at the sky the next day in fear, trembling, and overflowing with love.

"I lift my eyes up, up to the heavens, where does my help come from?
My help comes from you, maker of heaven, creator of the earth."

I feel so fortunate to witness, with these imperfect eyes, what the Lord allows me to see, as well as the things he keeps from me: the unseen.

Where do hearts break? 
When do shadows fall? 
Whose anger thumps loudly against the heat of the earth?
~
Where is the space between a hug?
When do smiling faces turn toward one another?
Whose little feet bounce rythmically against mama's lap?

Dare I thank you more today than yesterday?  And how much moreso tomorrow?  I can only dream of what the close of my last day here on your earth will bring.  What fullness my heart will feel, and what gladness for every blessing, both seen and unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment