Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Helping Summer


This summer has been more like a spring than a full-fledged, scorching heat, dance in the afternoon rays, sip your sweet tea, and hover near fans at all times, normal kind of summer.  Don't get me wrong, we did have a couple "hot" (by Washington standards) days, but the heat has been so short lived that you don't need to bother trying to find shade.  I start the mornings off with sweaters and end the days without them.  Apply sunglasses liberally. :)

My birthday is coming up and I'm hoping the pretty, even tempered, springy dispositioned days stick around so I can thoroughly enjoy my time outside.

I'm really excited for some plans I have with my mom to see The Help.  We are both anxious to spend some time together and what better movie for real Mississippi GRITS and her all-things-Southern loving daughter to go see!  I can't wait to "boo" at Hilly Hollbrook and hear my mom's stories she will invariably share with me after the movie is over.  Stories...are...my...favorite...things.  After all.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see that movie! I am going to see it with my Mom too :) Didn't you love the book?

    ReplyDelete