Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fall Girl



In Washington, it seems the grass turns from brown to green in the blinking of an eye, or just a shower of droplets.  Today we had rain for the first time in weeks (months?)...I think weeks.  It seems like an eternity.  Yet, for the first time since we moved here, I find myself favoring flip flops instead of boots and the weather clouds covering me, feel less like a blanket than they did last year. 

In other words, I'm confused.  I am fall girl...winter girl.  I play Christmas music year 'round.  I yearn to decorate with orange more than any person I know.  Who likes orange anyway?  Unloved color. 

Anyhow, I wish I was wearing these instead of these right now.  Why oh why can't I?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! I play Christmas music year around too!

    ReplyDelete