Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Fruits


Exodus 34:26
The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
In the grand scheme of priorities, if we put God first, everything else will fall into its rightful place. I remember in junior high school, teachers began to instruct students with their life goals in mind. We were constantly questioned about what we wanted for ourselves in terms of a career and finding our bliss. As Christians, pleasing our creator should be paramount in our hearts and minds and that being said, our actions should fall in line accordingly. Giving the Lord the first fruits of our labora is an act of dedication often overlooked in our modern "me, me, me" society. Giving to God first, others second, and ourselves last brings our focus back to where it should be. In denying ourselves, we can find much pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! :) I saw you had the countdown button for The Secrets of Johnathan Sperry film. :) I know our theater owner personally (It is Christian fammily owned) and I told them about the film and suggested they show it. I had no idea that it cost at least $2,000 dollars to sponser it! Hope to see it when it comes out on DVD though. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete