Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Color of Summer






All the flowers are blooming pink and red and yellow, just like the balloons. I took a bit of liberty enhancing the balloon photo because they were so vibrant anyhow...oomph galore!

This morning I drove down the road (Lake Washington Blvd.) to Starbucks for a Caramel Capuccino & the Times (NY, not Seattle) and was bowled over by the incandescent glow of sunlight bouncing off of the the blooms, baloons, and bicycle riders. Anyone who has visited the Seattle area will know that we have a hard core bicycle culture here. I will avoid going on a rant about how they blatently ignore the rules of the road and put us all at risk...err, perhaps I didn't make it past that point as I had hoped. In any case, the bicyclists are usually be-garbed in jewel toned spandex numbers that stick out like a sore thumb in the grey, Northwestern haze, but under the summer sun, they look a part of the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment