Monday, April 6, 2009

Observations on a Glorious Day

Since the weather turned warm, even bare branches suddenly extend flowers, not wanting to be left out. Where are your leaves?


I found a place to sit and my seat was warm and dry - such a difference from two days ago when I could have floated along in this same place. The wonders of absorption. Drink it up, little blades of grass. Mama needs a resting place.



The water makes the funniest moss grow up out of the earth. This sort looks prickly, but is actually very soft and delicate.

I spotted a beast of a branch ready to take on any little birdies or pests that might have designs on its shoots and sproutlings. Armor equipped? CHECK!


Eww, what is that ugly flower/seed sack? Ghastly! But the lady bug seems to like it. I took a jillion photos of that little guy and he just sat pretty for me and did not zoom away.


I'm looking over a [three] leafed clover, that I over looked before! They were everywhere, these little clovers, but this one stood alone.

Psalm 66: 8-10
Oh, bless our God, you peoples!
And make the voice of His praise to be heard,
Who keeps our soul among the living,
And does not allow our feet to be moved.
For You, O God, have tested us;
You have refined us as silver is refined.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful

    www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pics. that ugly flower, and I could be wrong, could be a dried rose hip. either way, last year it was a beautiful flower. a good parallel for life; "all flesh is grass..."

    ReplyDelete