Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lesson Learned - aka: I am Half Scottish (frugality is in my blood)

Without thinking (and certainly not examining the price on the cover) I picked up this lovely edition of Country Home, which happens to be one of my favorite magazines. As per my usual way of putting items away after a trip to the grocery store, I stocked away the food, neatly folded the bags and placed them by my purse to be taken back to the trunk of my car the next time I head out, and looked over the receipt an printed coupons along with it. That's when I saw it...

$12.99 for a magazine! Really, that's fairly outlandish, in my opinion, so the contents of this overpriced stack of paper with some pretty pictures better woo and wow me. I think the last "Collector's edition" magazine printing I bought was around $8 (Hoffman Media), while Country Home is published by (Special Interest Publications). Who knows why these two publishers have priced comparable products so differently. In any event, I've learned my lesson and will most definitely check the cost of all magazines I intend to purchase in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's crazy. I have done that before. Hopefully it's worth it!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete