Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Faves





I love watching award shows, remembering them in subsequent years like little time capsules of social history.  I don't necessarily watch every movie that is nominated, or even those that win, but I enjoy being made aware of what is going on in the film industry.  And of course, I don't mind at all, the frills and fashiony moments.  Reese Witherspoon was definitely my favorite of the evening and I knew it the second I saw her...I crave simple and stunning dresses.  While details (the flounce, filigree, and frou-frou) are admirable in terms of handy-work, I have a knee jerk reaction to bolder choices.  It's no wonder I love Lilly Pulitzer! :)  However, Mila Kunis pulled off delicate so, so well.  The color choice was amazing for her skin tone and hair...what a little glamour-puss!  Anne's harvest of diamonds about her neck and ears made me all swoony...nothing too over the top, just diamonds...diamonds...DIAMONDS!  Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment