Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Liberally Photographed Library

Photobucket

I went to the library today and brought my camera. The world stops when you take a picture; revolves instead within the turn of the lense.

Photobucket

Just as I prefer paper to screen and ink to pixels, my heart swells inside a brick and mortar library. Alexandria fell and it is predicted that soon my library will tumble down darry into memory and deliverance from Dewey's decimals.

Photobucket

It has been suggested that I embrace the Kindle, but I fear it's sterility and I swear it mocks my shelves. Shelves which cannot be improved upon in their simplicity. A shelf has always been and I determine to fight for the musty book so their bond of friendship can live on into tomorrows.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment